Niantic Earth Day
(Originally Posted on https://pokemongohub.net)
Trainers, for the second year in a row, Niantic has announced their annual Earth Day campaign! Just like last year, Niantic teams up with Playmob to encourage players to participate in cleanup events all around the world. Earth Day 2019 events will take place from April 13 – 28.
Niantic’s blog states: “We’re inviting all Niantic players to participate and help battle important issues such as ocean pollution, damaged ecosystems, and unhealthy environments.” The full blog post can be found here.
Together with 15 NGOs (nonprofits) from around the world, Niantic invites players and community members to join them in various local events across the globe. These events include cleanups to remove trash at natural and public spots, and also long term impact projects to save local ecosystems and wildlife.
Earth Day 2019 Event Rewards
As a reward to the player base and the participating communities for their efforts, in-game bonuses will be awarded globally for both Ingress (Niantic’s other AR game) and Pokémon GO. However, specific goals will need to be achieved.
If 2,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be:
- Pokémon GO: Increased spawns of Ground-type Pokémon
- Ingress: Increased probability of getting heatsinks, multi-hacks, shields (all kinds) and power cubes (all types including Lawson)
If 5,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be:
- Pokémon GO: Shiny Diglett release + Increased spawns of Ground-type Pokémon
- Ingress: 2x AP for linking Portals
If 7,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be:
- Pokémon GO: 2x Stardust and Candy for Event Spawns / Groudon in Raids + Shiny Diglettrelease + Increased spawns of Ground-type Pokémon
- Ingress: 2x AP for creating Fields
You can find all rewards again in this awesome sharable infographic by Orange Heart!