Clamperl Limited Research Day Announced in Pokémon GO!
Trainers, Niantic has just announced a Limited Research Event featuring Clamperl! This event seems to follow the same format as the former Limited Research Feebas Day Event back in January.
On February 23rd (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Americas, India, Greenland) and on February 24th, 2019 (Asia-Pacific), players around the world will be able to participate in a new form of Limited Field Research for three hours, with a chance to encounter a Clamperl for the first time in Pokémon GO! No word on a shiny Clamperl yet!
Clamperl Limited Research Day
Event Date + Time
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Feb. 23, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Feb. 23, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Feb. 24, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- 2× Catch Stardust for Water-type Pokémon during the three-hour window.
- Water-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild during the event. (including, but not limited to Krabby, Wailmer, etc.)
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Clamperl.
- Huntail and Gorebyss will each take 50 candy to evolve.
Tips and Tricks
Niantic’s official announcement post clarifies a few things:
- As long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time.*
- Each PokéStop will give out a Limited Clamperl Field Research task during the event.
- You can’t revisit the same PokéStop to get more of the same task.
We will list Clamperl quests as soon as they are available. All Clamperl you encounter via Field Research on Clamperl day will be Level 15 Pokémon, which means they will be encountered in the following CP range:
|Pokemon||CP @ Level 15|
|507 – 544|
Unfortunately, Field Research encounters are not weather boosted, which means your Clamperl will always be Level 15. We suggest keeping all of them and trying out your luck with Trading. Maybe the gods of stat re-rolls will be kind to you.
You can learn more about Clamperl, Huntail, and Gorebyss on our Database website:
*Clamperl will be available in the wild after the event ends.